Recommendations

There is no shortage wing establishments around this city.  So let me know of any places I should check out, or any other recommendations in general.

Also, let me know if there is anything else you may want to see on this site as there will be frequent changes and updates.  Thank you.

53 Comments

1. Sandra

Went to Jungle Jims last evening and the wings were awesome. Extremely busy but the staff was awesome. Will certainly be returning.

• HalifaxWingman

Oh wow, that’s good to hear then. I haven’t been there in ages.

2. Howie

Montes on Wednesday. Pretty decent wings, and if you ask for a non menu sauce called ‘Howie Hot’, they’ll mix up some sauce that’s a bit spicier.

• HalifaxWingman

Been a while since I’ve been there but I recall the wings being massive! Nice tip on the sauce, thanks!

3. Damian

A humpday delight!

Jungle Jim’s has $6.49/lb wings on Wednesdays. Given the recent price increases due to supply chain/covid/inflation this is a steal really.

It’s not just a bang-for-the-buck thing, these wings would be totally acceptable as a $12 appie. They’re tender and pretty much fall off the bone, though they aren’t overcooked. They’re fairly breaded, I won’t say over-breaded, but it’s plenty. If hot were top of the ladder, I’d say they’re not hot at all, but they’re piquant. Super hot are legit hot, should suffice for most people. Insanely hot are indeed insane. Taste like there might be some scorpion pepper at play perhaps, not for the faint of heart. I’m going to say hot as it gets without signing a waiver or getting a polaroid on a wall.

Only flaw was a clump of 4 wings in the first batch, meant one flat had a bit of pink, no biggie. This stuff happens when you move the volume these guys probably do, it was jammed at 5pm.

4.5/5

• HalifaxWingman

Hey, thanks for the info. I just updated their price from $6/lb to $6.49/lb.

Wow, that’s good to hear! I don’t recall being a huge fan of them but I haven’t been there in quite a few years. I’ll have to take a stop by next time I’m in the area. Thanks!

4. John

Bedford Neighbourhood Pub has .65 wings on Wednesdays. Beverage required.

• Steven

Not sure if you’re aware, but it’s the same sauces and same wings that Bubba Rays used to have. It’s great

5. Anonymous

Just a heads up, you have the butchers block listed as $5/lb but they currently charge $7/lb.

• HalifaxWingman

Thanks. Everything should be fully up to date by Monday.

6. Donna

You need to check out the wings at El Centro in Lawrencetown!

7. Katie MacPhail

Elcentro in Lawrencetown. AAAAAMAZING. I know there’s a ton of hype about this Eli’s place.. and don’t get me wrong, his are good. But go see Carlos at Elcentro for the bessssssssst wings.

8. Aaron

First time commenter, (shamefully too) short time follower. Went to Gus’ on Wednesday. 50c/wing. High quality wing. Higher quality atmosphere.

9. Pete

Hey o! I’m on a keto diet and I’m looking for unbreaded wing options for a reasonable price (50¢ a wing would be great) I know this isn’t a recommendation, but I was hoping for some suggestions on where to go.

• HalifaxWingman

Hey, missed this comment sorry but here a few that I think may still offer un-breaded – Bubba Ray’s, Maxwell’s, Jungle Jim’s, Foggy Goggle, Kempster’s, Boneheads, Riverside, Little Caesars, Staggers, Jamieson’s

• Tim

Not a question I need answered, but a buddy would be interested for sure… Know anywhere with a decent vegan wing option? What do they make them out of cauliflower or something?

• HalifaxWingman

Hey, missed this sorry. I am not too sure on that sorry. I think the Split Crow might offer something like that on Tuesdays.

• Ian Hape

Hey Wingman,

El Centro Pizzaria is frying up some serious Chicken Wings out in Lawrencetown. Was wondering if you have ever tried them??

• HalifaxWingman

Hey there. That name has been on my radar before but haven’t had a chance to try them. I will have to pay a visit one of these days. Thanks.

• Carla

We are having them tonight Ian!

Submit a Comment